Recent Issues 2011
"Reserves & Nationalparks of Kyrgyzstan"
Issue date: 5th March 2011
- ALA-ARCHA. The Ala Archa Nationalpark is situated about 40 km in the south of the capital city of Bishkek. Kyrgyz Ala-Too Range.
- TCHON-KEMIN. The Chon-Kemin is situated at an altitude of about 1400 m to 2800 m above sea level and reaches over 80 km deep into the mountains between the Kungey Ala Too and Zailii ranges, parallel to the Kazakh border.
- NARIN. The Naryn state reserve is situated in the Naryn Province in central Kyrgyzstan.
- SARY-TCHELEK. The Sary Chelek Lake is situated in the Chatkal Range, which is a range in the Western Tian-Shan.
- ISSYK-KUL. The lake Issyk-Kul covers an area of 6,236 square kilometres. It is situated between the Teskey Ala-Too Range in the south and Kyungey Ala-Too in the north.
- KARATAL. The Karatal-Japaryk reserve was founded in 1995 in the forest regions of the northern hills of the Kargo mountains in the Naryn oblast. It consists of three small areas – a forested area and the high mountain lakes of Son Kul and Chatyr Kul.
- BESH-TASH. The Besh-Aral state reserve was founded in 1979 in the extreme South West corner of the Djalal Abad Province (right on the border to Uzbekistan) with the purpose of preserving the unique natural complex and forests of the Chatkal valley
- SARYCHAT. The Salkyntor State Park – in the Naryn Province was established in 2001 and covers some 10'448 hectares – is dedicated to the re-establishment of the Tian Shan Maral (Red Deer) and also serves as a recreational centre for the local population.
- PADISHA-ATA. The Padasha Ata reserve in the Jalal-Abad Province.