Recent Issues 2013
"Ukiyoe Series - No 2"
Issue date: 1st August 2013
Stamps 1-5 depict portraits of beauties in Edo period and stamps 6-10 depict images of the series "Rokujûyoshû meisho zue" (Famous Views of the 60 odd Provinces) of Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858) (also known as Andō Hiroshige).
- One person of Seirow beauty 6 kasen
Kisegawa Matsubaya (Eishi Cyobunsai).
- One person of Kakutyu-bizinkurabe Midorigi Wakamatusyaut (Eisho Chokosai)i.
- One person of Fuwryu-bizinzoroe Kasa-sasu-Onna. The woman who points to an umbrella.
- Itoya Koito ka sou (Utamaro Kitagawa).
- Tousei Yuri Bizin-awase Tachibanatyug (Kiyonaga Torii).
- Picture 12, Suruga province: Miho-no-matusbara.
(Suraga was an old province in the area that is today central part of Shizuoka Prefecture)
View of water with boats
and pine-trees at Miho-no-Matsubara
in the old Suruga province.
Mount Fuji in the background.
- Picture 35, Echigo province: Oya-shirazu.
(Echigo was an old province in the area that is today part of Niigata Prefecture)
It is depicting the about 300 metres high
precipitous cliffs of Oyashirazu and the choppy sea.
- Picture 53, Kii province: Wakanoura.
(Kii was an old province in the area that is today part of Wakayama and Mie Prefectures)
Takatoshi-yama 194.8m (background) Tamatus-zima (foreground).
- Picture 50, Aki province: Itsukushima saireinozu.
(Aki was an old province in the area that is today the western part of Hiroshima Prefecture)
View of the waters surrounding
Itsukushima. In the foreground the famous 160 meter high torii gate that stood in the water in front of the island.
- Picture 38, Tango Province: Amano-Hashidate.
(Tango was an old province in the area that is today the northern of Kyoto Prefecture)
View towards the Bay of Miyazu and the
"Amano-Hashidate", a famous long, narrow spit of land covered in pine trees.
Many thanks to Kumiko Hamamichi
(Japan) for the translation.