5 Stamps depict images of the series "Meisho Edo Hyakkei" (One Hundred Famous Views of Edo) of Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858) and 5 stamps depict portraits of beauties in Edo period.
(Edo, Yedo or Yeddo is the former name of Tokyo)
Stamp 9, shows the Mt. Fuji in the background.
- Nihon Bridge and Edo Bridge (picture 43)
- Kinryuzan Temple at Asakusa (picture 99)
- The Moon Pine on the Temple Precincts at Ueno (picture 89)
- Irises at Hokiri (picture 56)
- Suido Bridge and Suruga Hill (picture 63)
(Mt. Fuji in the background)