Recent Issues 2014
¨150 Years Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Switzerland and Japan¨
Issue date: 6th February 2014
- Springtime in the Swiss Alps. The stamp shows a view of the Samnaun valley. The pyramid shaped mountain is known as Piz Ot (2'758 m).
- Mt. Fuji and a Sakura tree, seen from the lake Kawaguchi (Kawaguchi-ko).
(back to Mt. Fuji stamp 2014)
- Aletsch Glacier (largest glacier of the European Alps and the Walliser Fiescherhörner (3'905 m) in the background.
- The old City of Bern (It is an UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Site). The Nidegg church (foreground) and the Bernese Minster with its 100.6 metres high tower. In distance is also visible the Federal Palace of Switzerland.
- Lavaux, Vineyard Terraces (Bernese Alps in the background).
- Rhaetian Railway, the picture has been taken at the bridge over the Cascata da Bernina, a series of smaller waterfalls on the Bernina River (close to the Morteratsch trainstation). The mountain in the background is known as Piz Albris (3'166 m). Since July 2008, the Albula and Bernina lines of the Rhaetian Railway have been on the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites.
- Jungfrau Railway, the summit of Mount Jungfrau (left) and the Silberhorn in the background.
- Narcisse which grows gregariously around Les Avants near Montreux.
- The Alpenrose (Rhododendron hirsutum). The picture has been taken below the mountain Lodge "Fluhalp" above Zermatt, The summits in the background are known as Rimpfischhorn (4'199 m), Strahlhorn (4'190 m) and the Adlerhorn (3'988 m) of the Allalin group in the Pennine Alps.
- Piz Bernina (4'049 m/left) and Piz Roseg (3'937 m) in the (Rhaetian Alps, a view from the Fuorcla Surlej area.
The northface of Mount Eiger (3'970 m) seen from the Grindelwald area.