Flowers in Shinshū
21th August 2015
Shinshū was an old province of Japan that is nowadays Nagano Prefecture.
An equal series with face value 50Yen issued at 11th Mai 2003.
1) "Katakuri (dogtooth violet)" and Habuka mountains (Chushin area).
Habuka is the name of a valley with seven winter sport resorts in the heart of the Hida Mountains (Northern Alps).
2) "Mizubasho (skunk cabbage)" and Okususobana-shizen'en (Japanese name 奥裾花自然園) (Nature Park in Hokushin area).
3) "Nikko-kisuge (Nikkoday lily)" and Mt. Kirigamine (Nanshin area).
4) "Cosmos" and Cosmos highway (Toshin area)
Flowers in Echigo
28th August 2015
Echigo was an old province in north-central Japan and is nowadays part of Niigata Prefecture.
An equal series with face value 50Yen issued at 5th March 2002.
1) Camellia sp. in Kamoyama Park.
2) Hemerocallis sp. on Sado Island.
Iris sp. in Ijimino Park.
4) Shortia soldanelloides at Mt. Myoko.