Recent Issues 2017
Central African Republic
Issue date: 19th May 2017
This stamp issue was released by stamp agenture Stamperija, Lhituania.
existing: perforated and imperforated
- Lighthouses (Ivan Aivazovsky (1817–1900) “Sea channel with lighthouse”.
Oil on canvas
48,5 х 60 cm
The State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg.
The book "Ivan Aivazovski. Paintings, drawings and watercolours from the collections of St Petersburg", (Palace Editions 2003) reads:
Sea Strait with a lighthouse was one of seven pictures, painted by Ivan Aivazovsky in Italy 1841. It appears to depict the stretch of water running between the islands Capri and Ischia. This was probably the picture sent by the artist from Rome to St. Petersburg in April 1942 and exhibited at the Imperial Academy of Arts as Island of Ischia at sunset. The early 1840s mark the beginning of
Aivazovskys "pink period".
If it is like this , It seems, that the mountain in the background is the Vesuvius.
- Claude Monet (1840–1926) “Hauling a Boat Ashore, Honfleur”, 1864.
- Paul Signac (1863–1935) “Lighthouse at Groix”, 1925.
- Edward Moran (1829–1901) “Fish Pond, Orient Bay, Long Island”, date unknown.
- Georges Seurat (1859–1891) “The Lighthouse at Honfleur”, 1886.