The Halley station is afloat on the Brunt Ice Shelf on the mainland of Antarctica. The first station was established for the International Geophysical Year (IGY) in 1957-58 and named after the astronomer Edmond Halley.
BAT 1969, Base Z Halley Bay.
The stamp was issued in the series "bases and postmarks".
BAT 2013, Halley V Research Station.
The stamp was issued in the series "Antarctic Science".
Phil Heath launches a radiosonde balloon at Halley research station, This is a small package of instuments that reads temperature, pressure and humidity up to a height of 20km. Main accommodation building (Laws building) in the background.
Season: 1997/1998, Photographer: Chris Gilbert.
BAT 2013, Halley VI Research Station.
Halley VI Station was officially opened on 5 February 2013.