Issue date: 4th April 2002
The United States Postal Service released this stamp series on April 4, 2002.
The stamps were reissued on October 25, 2002 for 37-cents.
description: please scroll down
- Alabama: Camellia (state flower).
State capitol in Birmingham.
- Alaska: Mount McKinley. A bear with a salmon in mouth.
- Arizona: Saguaro (cactus) and saguaro blossom in Sonoran Desert. Yei-Bi-Chei and Totem Pole in the Monument Valley.
- Arkansas: Buffalo River and Gunner Pool in Ozark National Forest. Ozark Baths on Bath House Row in Hot Springs National Park.
- California: Palm trees Santa Catalina Island. California poppy (state flower). Bay Bridge and city skyline of San Francisco.
- Colorado: Skier (skiing is a popular pastime in Colorado), The Maroon Bells.
- Connecticut: Church in Connecticut. Harbor scene Mystic Seaport.
- Delaware: Legislative Hall and Capitol Building in Dover. Beach scene at Fenwick Island State Park.
- Florida: Discovery lifting off at Cape Canaveral. Beach and palm trees in St. Petersburg.
- Georgia: Antebellum plantation in Georgia. Cypress trees that are found in the Okefenokee Swamp in southeast Georga.
- Hawaii: Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii. Honolulu (Diamond Head., Yellow hibiscus (state flower).
- Idaho: Shoshone Falls on Snake River, Mc Gown Peak, Kayakers (popular sport in Idaho).
- Illinois: Chicago skyline. Corn (an important crop in Illinois).
- Indiana: Indianapolis skyline. Cvered bridge in Parke County,
- Iowa: American black ducks (hich winter in Iowa). Barn and silo (a common scene in Iowa).
- Kansas: A combine harvester equipment (commonly seen in Kansas). Sunflower. Grain elevator in Danville.
- Kentucky: A cabin near Carlisle. Race horses (common in Louisville, Kentucky at Churchill Downs).
- Louisiana: Horse, buggy, fence and lamppost in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
Great blue heron.
- Maine: A moose. Lighthouse in Portland.
- Maryland: Skipjack in Harford County.
Bridge of the William Preston Lane, Jr., Memorial Bridge located near Annapolis.
- Massachusetts: Rockport Harbor. Ridges of Mount Greylock in the Berkshire Hills.
- Michigan: Renaissance Center complex in downtown Detroit. Sport-fishing boat seen on the Great Lakes.
- Minnesota: A loon. Minneapolis skyline.
- Mississippi:, A mansion in Mississippi. A shrimp boat.
- Missouri: St. Louis skyline.
- Montana: Rocky Mountains in Glacier National Park, A rodeo in Montana.
- Nebraska: Scotts Bluff National Monument. A covered wagon.
- Nevada: Neon horse and rider sign in Las Vegas. Desert plants and hills in Nevada.
- New Hampshire: Portsmout. A white-tailed deer.
- New Jersey: Skyline of Atlantic City. Sunbather, umbrella, and beach of the Jersey Shore.
- New Mexico: Taos Pueblo. A church in Santa Fe.
- New York: Niagara Falls. Statue of Liberty.
- North Carolina: Lighthouse at Cape Hatteras. The Wright Brothers plane at Kill Devil Hills.
Dune grass at the Outer Banks.
- North Dakota: Badlands hills and rock formations in Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
Wild horses in Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
- Ohio: Skyline and bridge of Cleveland.
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City skyline. Cowboy.
- Oregon: Mount Hood and and Lost Lake. Sailboarders at the Columbia River Gorge.
- Pennsylvania: A cannon at Gettysburg. Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
- Rhode Island: Sailboat, A lighthouse in Rhode Island.
- South Carolina: Beach scene of Myrtle Beach,
Rainbow in Charleston.
- South Dakota: Mount Rushmore National Memorial in Keystone. Buffalo in Badlands National Park.
- Tennessee:Skyline in Nashville. Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Texas: A Texas longhorn. Alamo in San Antonio.
- Utah: Wall of Windows in Bryce Canyon. Mountain lion in Bryce Canyon National Park. Sego Lily (state flower of Utah).
- Vermont: Skier (skiing is a popular sport in Vermont). A church surrounded by fall foliage in Vermont.
- Virginia: A fence. a cannon in Richmond. Oatlands mansion in Leesburg.
- Washington: Skyline of Seattle. Mount Rainier, Apple (Washington is the largest producer of apples in the U.S.)
- West Virginia: a grist mill on Glade Creek in West Virginia. White-water rafters on a West Virginia river.
- Wisconsin: Farm and countryside scene in Wisconsin. Cows (these animals are common in Wisconsin).
- Wyoming: Grand Teton Range. Elk (are commonly seen in Grand Teton National Park).